Small steps can make a world of difference!
Progress to Health’s ultimate aim is to create communities without barriers by creating opportunities for living a full life. We do this by positively influencing the wellbeing of people through personalised support.
Progress to Health employs staff to facilitate everyday activities that increase the participation of people living with disabilities in employment and in their communities. These activities link the identified needs of people accessing the service with the achievement of their goals and ambitions in life.
Does the following make sense to you?
· Creating a level playing field
· Being relationship based
· Using the ‘lightest touch’
· Contributing to community strengthening/manaakitanga
· Being person driven/tino rangatiratanga
· Everyday lives in everyday places for everyone
The Right Person for This Role:
· Has proven experience with working in the disability support sector, understanding the impact of stigma and discrimination on a person’s quality of life.
· Can develop trusting and productive relationships with people using the service
· Takes a non-judgmental approach, with a positive attitude and respect towards everyone.
· Proactively links people to opportunities which support them to work towards and achieve their personal aspirations
· Has experience in helping people access training and/or finding employment
· Understands the three principles of Te Tiriti O Waitangi
· Is computer literate (Office 365 and a client management system)
· Has a current driver’s license and first aid certificate.
· Preferably has Level 4, NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing) or equivalent and/or proven track record and willing to study.
· Aligns to our values of being flexible, inclusive, responsive and passionate.
By joining our team, you will find yourself working with people to ensure they have real choices, can plan their own futures with tailored tools and have the skills to navigate their own road maps to create brighter futures for themselves, their whanau and their communities.
Your ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion and make sound judgement calls will be a given.
We will provide you with a supportive, fully resourced yet flexible working environment filled with the passionate people, we proudly call our team.
If you have the relevant experience, a flexible approach, thrive on the responsibility of a self-managed role, have high performance standards and a great sense of humour, please e-mail your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Your letter should tell us why you are made for this role.
Applications close Wednesday 20th January 2021 at 5.00pm