Progress to Health’s ultimate aim is to create communities without barriers by creating opportunities for living a full life. We do this by positively influencing the wellbeing of people through personalised support.
Progress to Health employs staff to facilitate everyday activities to assist people living with mental health conditions to achieve their employment and training goals.
Does the following make sense to you?
- Creating a level playing field
- Being relationship based
- Using the ‘lightest touch’
- Contributing to community strengthening/manaakitanga
- Being person driven/tino rangatiratanga
- Everyday lives in everyday places for everyone
The Right Person for This Role:
- Has proven experience with working in the health and disability support sector, understanding the impact of stigma and discrimination on a person’s quality of life.
- Can demonstrate knowledge, and application of, the Enabling Good Lives principles
- Can develop trusting and productive relationships with people using the service
- Takes a non-judgmental approach, with a positive attitude and respect towards everyone.
- Proactively links people to opportunities which support them to work towards and achieve their personal aspirations
- Has experience in helping people access training and/or finding employment
- Understands the three principles of Te Tiriti O Waitangi
- Is computer literate (Office 365 and a client management system)
- Has a current driver’s license and first aid certificate.
- Preferably has Level 4, NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing) or equivalent and/or proven track record and willing to study.
- Aligns to our values of being flexible, inclusive, responsive and passionate.
By joining our team, you will find yourself working with people to ensure they have real choices, can plan their own futures with tailored tools and have the skills to navigate their own road maps to create brighter futures for themselves, their whanau and their communities.
Your ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion and make sound judgement calls will be a given.
We will provide you with a supportive, fully resourced yet flexible working environment filled with the passionate people, we proudly call our team.
If you have the relevant experience, a flexible approach, thrive on the responsibility of a self-managed role, have high performance standards and a great sense of humour, please e-mail your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com . Your letter should tell us why you are made for this role.
All new appointees into Progress to Health require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this Act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.
For more information on this vacancy, phone Patty on 027 685 3565
or to simply find out about what makes Progress to Health such a great place to work log on to www.progresstohealth.co.nz
 All new appointees into Progress to Health require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this Act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.